The Pamela M. Galbraith Memorial Scholarship was established in 2017. It is intended to support and encourage graduating high school students from Cheboygan Area High School who are pursuing a degree in the medical field.
Pam graduated from Cheboygan High School (its former name) in 1966 and achieved her dream of becoming a nurse. She loved growing up in Cheboygan and visited frequently throughout her life, so giving back to her community in this way is very meaningful. She would be proud of these students who are challenging themselves to accomplish their admirable goals of serving others through medical care and biomedical research.
Each year, two recipients are selected to receive the scholarship which is renewable up to 3 more years for a total of 4 years. The scholarship amount is at least $500.
Criteria considered include:
* Student’s merits based on strong academic standing as evidenced
by GPA and ACT/SAT scores
* Proven service to others though leadership and involvement in the
community and school
* Financial need (but not restricted to lower income households)
* Acceptance at an accredited post-secondary institution
* Pursuit of a degree in the medical field
Applicants may contact:
Guidance Counselor Cheboygan Area High School
801 W. Lincoln Avenue
Cheboygan, MI 499721